We’re excited to be back and set the course for our 2018 theme: unity in the gospel! While moms may look and act differently than one another, we find common ground in being followers of Christ. In this episode, Laura and Emily share the heartbeat behind this year’s theme by looking at the letter to the Ephesians. Much like Paul’s audience of Jews and Gentiles, we’re moms of different races, backgrounds, giftings, and more. But being heirs of Christ gives us all the same foundation. So let’s spend the year learning what it means to be united as the body of Christ as we seek to glorify God in our lives. We’re grateful to journey together with you!
Also in this episode, Emily and Laura share about a new endeavor RM is embarking on, and you can be apart of it! Find out the details at the beginning of this show!
Articles, Resources and Related Content:
- Risen Motherhood on Patreon
- GRACE: A Bible Study for Women on Ephesians - Keri Folmar
- “What is Christian Unity?” - John Piper, Desiring God
- “Unity and Underground Churches” - K.A. Ellis, United? We Pray
- “Toward a Theology of Unity” - Kevin DeYoung, The Gospel Coalition
- “Women in the Church and the Differences that Divide Us” - Laura Elliott, Revive Our Hearts
- “The Priceless Gift of Christian Unity” - John Piper, Desiring God
- “5 Reasons Unity is Worth Fighting For” - Erin Davis, Revive Our Hearts
- “A Powerful Vision for Praying Women” - Vonette Bright, Revive Our Hearts
- Life Together - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “When Leaders Unite Across Generation Gaps” - Linda Green, Revive Our Hearts
- “Boomers, Millennials, and the Growing Tension” - David Mathis, Desiring God
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and select your podcast app. You may need to copy the link into your favorite podcast app (like Overcast or Stitcher).
- Leave an iTunes review. These are huge for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another mother will find us.
- Like Risen Motherhood on Facebook and follow on Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates and related information.
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear more about the conversations you're having. Shoot us an email, or find us on social media.
- Tell others. We truly hope this podcast fosters conversations and deeper discussions between mothers to seek the gospel in their daily activities - we'd be honored if you shared and encouraged others to listen in.